Little Big Shop gives you the benefit of automating your accounting, by integrating your shop with leading cloud based accounting software XERO and MYOB Essentials. Push your order invoices to your accounting platform and manage your invoicing in the one place.
* NOTE: The Accounting feature is only available to customers on the Big subscription plan *
From your Little Big Shop admin Dashboard, click on the ‘Settings’ menu item in the left hand navigation.
Select the third link titled ‘Features’. Accounting is inactive by default.
Click the toggle on the top right of the section to activate or deactivate your feature
- Click the ‘Save’ button in the top right corner
Once active, the link to ‘Accounting’ will appear in the left hand navigation under Settings – click on the link to configure.
There are two options you can select:
- MYOB Essentials
Again, click the toggle on the top right of the section to activate or deactivate either Xero or MYOB.
Connect to Xero
If you select the XERO accounting option, the toggle will change to orange.
The below two steps will appear. In Step 1. click the ‘Connect’ button to connect your shop to your Xero account.
You will be redirected to XERO to log in – enter your details and allow access.
Once you allow access, you will be able to choose a Xero account to connect your store to. To do this, select the drop down menu and click on the account you wish to use. Click ‘Save’ to apply your changes.
In order to start using this accounting integration, you will need an active order in your ‘New Orders’ tab.
If you have an active order:
- Go to ‘Orders’ in the main navigation
- Select the second tab ‘New orders’
- From the list, select the orders you want to push to Xero, or Select all
- At the top right of the screen, you will be given the option to select which Xero status you want to set the orders to: ‘Draft’, ‘Submitted’ or ‘Authorised’
- Once selected, click the ‘Export orders’ button which will push the selected orders to your Xero accounting platform
You will be taken to the Xero homepage – log in to manage the invoice in Xero.
Connect to myob Essentials
If you select MYOB Essentials as the accounting option, the toggle will change to orange.
Once MYOB Essentials has been selected, you will have to enter your Key and Business details.
Enter myob key
You will need to populate:
- The ‘Key’ field with your API Key
- The ‘Secret’ field with your API Secret
- Click on the ‘Connect’ button and you will be asked to sign in to your MYOB account
Enter your business details
Once you have logged in, you will need to populate the dropdown fields in the ‘Your business’ section. To do this, select the answers that are applicable to your business and then click ‘Save’ to apply.
To start using MYOB Essentials, navigate to the ‘Orders’ section in main menu.
- Select the ‘New orders’ tab
- From the list, select the orders you want to push to myob, or Select all
- At the top right of the screen, you will be given the option to select which myob status you want to set the orders to – either ‘Open‘ or ‘Close‘
- Once selected, click the ‘Export orders’ button which will push the selected orders to your myob accounting platform
You will be lead to myob homepage – log in to manage the invoice in myob.